4.2 Technical barriers to trade
Technical barriers to trade (TBT) are measures that include technical regulations and procedures for the assessment of conformity with technical regulations and standards, except for measures that qualify as SPS measures.
TBT measures include:
- Prohibitions/restrictions of imports for objectives set out in the TBT Agreement;
- Tolerance limits for residues and restricted use of substances;
- Labelling, marking, and packaging requirements;
- Production or post-production requirements;
- Product identity requirement;
- Product-quality or -performance requirement;
- Conformity assessment related to TBT; and
- TBT measures not elsewhere specified.