4.6 Price control measures including additional taxes and charges
Price control measures concern measures implemented to control or affect the prices of imported goods, establish the domestic price of certain products because of price fluctuation in domestic markets or price instability in a foreign market, or to increase or preserve tax revenue.
Price control measures also concern measures, other than tariffs measures, that increase the cost of imports in a manner similar to tariffs. They include:
- Administrative measures affecting customs value;
- Voluntary export price restraints;
- Variable charges;
- Customs surcharges;
- Seasonal duties;
- Additional taxes and charges levied in connection to services provided by the government;
- Internal taxes and charges levies on imports;
- Decreed customs valuations; and
- Price control measures not elsewhere specified.